For clarification purposes, Olentia is the data controller, staff authorised by Olentia are the data processors and prospective, previous or current stakeholders (including you as a consumer) are our data subjects.
At the point of sale, as defined in the Consumer Rights Act 2015, when you (the consumer) purchase from us via our online stores or sales platforms you enter into a contract. Due to the personal information provided to us during that sale by you or by automatic means, in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 2018, we are required by law to provide a legal basis for processing your personal information. We rely on the legal basis of the fulfilment of a contract in cases where purchases have been made via our online stores or sales platforms and where we deem it necessary for us to process your personal information to fulfil our obligation under this contract to provide you with a product or service. We have deemed this necessary because it is a reasonable expectation for us to provide our goods and services to you when you have placed an order to us.
We may collect the following data, which includes personal data, from you:
- Name and relevant shopify profile information.
- Contact information such as email addresses, telephone numbers and payment/delivery addresses.
How we collect data:
- Data is given to us directly by you.
- Data is passed to us from third-parties (such as paypal for your delivery address).
- Data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you:
- When you contact us through the website, telephone, post, email or by any other means.
- When you register with us and set up an account to receive our products and/or services.
- When you complete surveys, engage with our social media or interact with our platforms in any way shape or form.
- When you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel.
- When you make payments to us through this website or any and all other means.
- When you elect to receive marketing communications from us.
- When you use our services.
Data that is collected automatically:
- We collect and monitor the use of our social media, website and other digital means to make improvements in content and navigation. This may include but is not limited to information that relates to your IP address, geographical location (city/town), date, time and frequency of your visits and how and when you interact with content.
How we use your data:
- Any and/or all of the data may be required by us in order to provide you with the best experience and service when using our platforms.
- We may therefore use your information for internal record keeping and to improve our product and services.
- We can do this in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 2018 under 'legitimate interests' whereby we deem the processing of such information necessary for our objectives. However, in instances where this occurs, we will adhere to all rights or obligations enshrined in the legislation accordingly and as such where you are unhappy with this, in certain circumstances, you have the right to object to this processing.
Your rights and more information:
- For more information on your data rights, please visit the Information Commissioner's Office website at: https://ico.org.uk/