Here we attempt to answer some of our most asked questions from our customers, we will continue to add to and expand this page if and when we need to:
Can you tell me how long my order will take to arrive?
- Orders are sent via 2nd Class Signed for with Royal Mail.
- We therefore aim for your order to be with you within 2-3 working days from dispatch.
How do I use a wax melt?
- Our wax melts should be used in either a candle lit or electric melt warmer (commonly referred to as a wax burner).
- Just place the melt or a piece of it in the top of the warmer.
- If you are using a convention warmer you will need to place a lit unscented tea-light in the bottom of the warmer.
- If it is an electric warmer, simply plug it in safely and turn it on.
How do i remove the wax from my wax warmer?
- Everybody experiences the odd struggle in removing wax from their warmer however here's how we recommend doing it.
- We remove our wax from our warmers by lighting a fresh tea-light and waiting for the wax to be melted again. We then pop a few cotton wool pads in and soak up the wax then throw away the pads.
- Please do not leave cotton wool pads on top of the burner for longer than necessary; once they have absorbed the wax, remove.
What is the difference between a wax melt and a candle?
- The reason melts give of such a strong aroma is that the wax doesn't come into direct contact with the flame.
- In contrast, candle wax is in direct contact with the flame, which burns off much of the scent in the wax. However much of the appeal in candles is the aesthetic.
- In summary if you're looking for a scent to fill your house, our wax related products are the way to go.
Can I use a 'Scentsy' burner?
- Our wax melts can be used on electric burners, however because they do not heat to the same temperature as tea-light warmers they will not 'throw' the scent as far.
- It is also possible that they may turn the wax into a type of sludge because they aren't heated up to the full melting point.
- We would therefore recommend the use of a tea-light burner, but the electric burners are perfectly safe with our wax. It is all down to personal preference.
What do the terms 'fragrance throw', 'cold throw', and 'hot throw' mean?
- Fragrance throw is how strong the fragrance smells.
- Cold throw is how the wax melt smells when it is not burning, so this could be when it is fresh out the packaging.
- Hot throw is therefore the opposite; the smell or strength of the fragrance when the melt is melting in a burner/warmer.
What is CLP?
- The CLP Regulation is a European Regulation from 2008 that aligns the European Union system of clarification, labelling and packaging of chemical substances and mixtures to the Globally Harmonised System.
- 'CLP' Labels are displayed on every and all products we produce in accordance to the regulation and we are therefore fully CLP compliant.
- We are also fully insured for this.
When will 'X product' be back in stock?
- If an item is out of stock rest assured we will be working our hardest to get it back in stock ASAP.
- Please note that due to oil suppliers being small businesses themselves, things can happen that are out of our control, if this occurs we will do our best to accommodate your requirements or provide you with alternative suggestions.
On the delivery page, what is an open box?
- An open box is our way of helping you save on postage by purchasing products throughout the month and 'adding' to one bigger box.
- This means you can purchase your favourite products and avoid disappointment.
- Your products are shipped when you decide to close your open box.
- Please read more on our 'Open Box Service' page.
What is your turnaround, how long will it take to ship my order?
- All of the items on our website are ready to ship only. If there are any exceptions, this will be stated in the product description.
- Orders will be packed within 4 working days unless otherwise stated.
- We only use 2nd Class Signed postage so the aim is 2-3 working days.
- Once we hand over the parcel to Royal Mail we have no control over it, but as we send it signed for, we can find our a bit more information if your parcel is ever late or is lost, so please do not hesitate to contact us if this happens.
- We will be aiming to ship parcels every Tuesday and Friday where possible. Please note the cut off time for ordering for dispatching on these days is 14:00PM. Any orders placed after this time will be posted on the next scheduled posting day.